- Dyson Airblade Hygiene
Dyson Airblade Hygiene
The fastest, most hygienic hand dryers.
Recent media reports have focused on the hygiene of jet hand dryers and the effect they have in spreading germs.
It is interesting to analyse the methodology of the report. See the facts below;
Questionable reports have been commissioned and recently promoted by the paper towel and cotton roller towel manufacturers.
- In one of the reports, they contaminated the hands with a bacteria suspension, measured the amount of bacteria on the hands and then put them straight to the hand dryer. Problem is; people wash their hands before drying them, they dont dry their hands without washing them. This was left out of the study.
- In another part of the report, the washing was included in the test and all methods performed equally, but this wasn't published.
- It is important (as even children are taught) that you are supposed to wash your hands to remove bacteria - you dont use a hand dryer to wash your hands.
- The hand dryer is to remove the water, dry your hands and prevent the spread of bacteria.
- In a peer reviewed study published in the journal of applied microbialogy, that the use of Dyson Airblade prevents the spread of bacteria by as much as 40%.
- In another study they use a high amount of bacteria on GLOVED hands, tens of millions of bacteria that you just dont find on human hands (hence the glove!) and then put them straight into the hand dryer - again this is completley unrealistic.
- The fact is bacteria is everywhere. There is as much bacteria on the surface of a hand dryer as there is on a tap, door handle or paper towel dispenser.
- The tests were also carried out in a lab - a pretty sterile environment you would think. The report didnt focus on the fact that paper towels in a washroom would have bacteria on their surface and a normal hand dryer would be sucking in dirty air from the washroom environment and blowing them onto your hands. The Dyson Airblade, however, will be filtering out all bacteria from the air before it reaches your hands, drying with hygienically clean air.
Dyson Airblade hand dryers release no more bacteria into the air than taking your coat off - FACT !
Why Dyson Airblade™ hand dryers are the most hygienic hand dryers
The only hand dryers with NSF P335 accreditation.
The only hand dryers
Trusted by hospitals
Proven as hygienic as
University of Bradford
College of Medicine, University of Florida.